Monday, April 11, 2011

golden boy (girl?)

As anyone that's met me or knows me, they know i'm all about showing minimal skin but will do black chiffon or mesh--day or night (many cases I have worn see-through tops in several inappropriate occasions) and it's always paired with leather bottoms, as for a jacket--voluminous sleeves and asymmetrical lapels. ring a bell yet of what fashion house i'm inspired by constantly???
Comme des Garcons FA11 Ready to Wear.
This Fall collection seems more summery in a sense that the hemline was definitely hiked up, lots of loose silk capes, organza shredded and frilly, one part school boy--one part little black riding hood(she's a traveler), the signature look of fabric balled up and ruched all over the wearer brought me back to her '97 collection especially the polka-dotted blazers--with the hair sharing much similarity in bunching, vintage scarves intertwined with distressed trenches, black ruffles held together with colorful garters, brocade shifts that were half coats, and yet again ankle socks with flats--i may find of my wardrobe choices definitely inspired by CDG every season but after reviewing CDG FALL11--i found a lot of choices that i made through sheer intuition...it makes me feel all warm&fuzzy inside to think that I have a one track mind...KAWAKUBOONTHEMIND.
love the fact that the hair looks like its drenched in gold.