Saturday, April 2, 2011

to the point

This summer's aesthetic or shall i say my resortwear, hah, I decided to slowly transition myself into white, neutrals & bold brights. no more black. yeaaaaah, it's been tough trying to add in something completely different to my wardrobe. but i'm working at it. To soothe myself and my addiction to all things black, I of course reviewed one of my favorite designers GARETH PUGH FALL11 RTW. This collection compiles all the goth vibes in street wear and his usual thirst for geometric cuts & leather quilted anything. Its a dreary collective of  flow-y frothy dark fabric with the strict stiffness of corseted leather jackets, the contrast of the drape and the boning gives this collection a follow-up with the season's latest trend of volume for menswear; the pointy edged skirt tails, chiffon cut in wing-like proportions, V-stitching at the chest,zippers in the a sign of the cross, it looks straight-up like the army of the anti-christ, beautiful.
p.s.
ohhhhh the blue cape, oh my goodness the bright cobalt blue cape. it's like this goth angel of my dreams. no joke.