Saturday, February 26, 2011

chunky footwear meets workwear

I'm a late person.
I'm late for class, late for work and usually late for coffee with my fave gal-pal (the term gal as in female, being used loosely here) but trends I am not. I'm usually ahead and then like a free for all, I nit pick and choose which i decide to capture as long standing classics to interpret into my usual black ensemble or those that I will endlessly loathe and make fun of.
well i'm late again. in buying my march issue of vogue. whatevs.
it's the latest POWER ISSUE, has gaga in a pink wig on the front cover and has many interesting articles about women in today's society that truly capture the essence of a strong, independent woman. Don't blast beyonce nowwww, there are stories of women that thought they were apart of this movement-- but in the end became caged in through their own efforts. An amazing book was featured called 'Art & Madness: a memoir of love without reason' by Anne Roiphe that simply stated how women of the 1950's were driven to become muses of male writers, to live this life of not exact concise decision but by passion, creativity and the taste for your name up in the marquee. She learned later in life that "your name in the history books isn't as important as the simple touch of a child's arm on your face, a good meal, a hand held during a movie or even a swim in the sea". This is definitely a book worth reading.
And like a good book, a good collection fascinates me. As in ACNE RTW FALL 2011!
As with every androgyny infused collection that come from ACNE, there is tons of metallics, leathers and organza. Silk-cased blazers, over-sized mohair sweaters, leather patchwork cropped pants & of course the iconic dollhouse wedge gets a contemporary twist as elevated flats & trekking boot heels. Neons are not usually within Johannson's palette, but introduced with a shearling coat and pegged trousers with chiffon overlay and suddenly it has the cool bold vibe neons normally represent. ACNE--being the brand to get me to wear nude socks with sandals (it looks good, i swear!) has me thinking that this may be the last view of true dare i say classic ACNE, and the collection following fall 2011 ready to wear may possibly have no shade, nor shape to past ACNE collections. which I am saddened about, but also excited about. It's like someone telling me they plan to change the atmosphere and the ingredients to my favorite cafe and inari.




















WANTLIST*
alexander wang 2011 boots
neon orange pants
<3