Friday, March 4, 2011

mère de l'obscurité chante une chanson triste

As of recently, and I say that with slight regret...I've been contemplating my SP11 color palette. I know that all those that know me well, know that only one color seems to be seen through my eyes--and that's black. I never stray from it, it's been a big part of the way I dress myself everyday; integrating that into every piece of clothing I own has been a tad difficult and now that i am at the place I want to be wardrobe-wise...
I want more.
I want change.
Maybe just temporarily add in some royal blues, a few magnetic fushias and a couple neon oranges. Just for Spring... I've been rather busy trying to make new furniture for my new apartment, trying to complete a harness (gotta love the bondage trend), trying to hot glue the ends of chains together resulting in poorly crafted yet stunning geode necklaces, trying to perfect the tailoring of a pleated tapered cropped pant for not just me but for a friend, annnnnnnnnnnnnnd making constant trips to the fashion district to gather more supplies for my new SP11 wardrobe. I'm thinking something easy like bright hued shorts that I can easily pair with my CELINE-esque pocketed top and some clear pvc strapped sandals. very relaxed and simple. Thinking of splurging on a CELINE leather tote to give that really complete the look, ya know that whole 'wind gently flowing through my hair as i ride my bike to my friend's house followed by us sipping on honeydew water and sunbathing on his roof while we have Beach Fossils & WASHED OUT on loop' look. Thinking of it...
summer sounds.
summer threads.
summer a la minimal.
sounds soooooo good. And that is why I bring you Ann Demeulemeester RTW Fall 2011! hah.
For the Fall collection it felt like an homage to Black Swan in a sense that the models are characters in their own play--becoming these animals, staying true to their part in the story as many designers stay true to their vision. The silhouette was stocky in nature, from elbow length leather gloves to insane proportions, corseted blazers in velvet & goat hair, it's also good to see the leather trend hasn't died yet, strings from corset binds hanging loose from all edges, feathers frothed all over waists and situated as hair-pieces, folds of fabric twisted and layered over military coats, 'chain-gang' stylized cage bodices in patent leather--zig zag pattern being prominent, swathes of fur and leather held together by straps and chains leaving a lasting impression of this ghost drenched in a sea of black, dashes of tribal print with a touch of neo-gothicism, similar to that collab McQueen did with GO International that failed miserably, but where he missed the mark, Demeulemeester caught up. This time with sex appeal, which I feel is better in smaller doses. Done right and you have this collection you see before you.
"my job is to give beauty..."
my life is to seek it.






















i just love the bluish glow that the black goat hair gives in the light...