Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the traveler

i like navajo prints and fringe...sometimes. and spring/summer usually means lots of girls in torn jean shorts, navajo printed crop top in muted colors & fringed out boots. I, on the other hand, usually implement fringe on another level in my wardrobe, like black dip-dyed fringe hanging from an asymmetrical pocket on a crop top orrrrr the fringe i have hanging from my lace bib on my Anna Sui jersey top. I try not to make the trend so literal and sooo not something you can easily find at the bargain bin at F21.hah. southwestern motifs & belt buckles made of metal rounds aren't THAT appealing to me, sorry. butttt cross that print with belted pleated high waist slacks--and i'm listening...
I like how in Proenza Schouler RTW FALL11, they keep it simple--just an inspiration from which ideas are drawn then transform into something else completely, they are just prints. icing on the cake. The take on with the bright color trend is still lingering, paired with a drop waist petaled blazer and suddenly things get serious instead of being nomadic and homely. did i mention i adore those ornamental necklaces? printed slacks with leather top and over-sized silk blazer, one word. PERFECTION.